Now that I’ve done it, I’m kicking myself. I should have done this a while ago! Sure, my last one wasn’t terrible, but it was shot on my husband’s phone at a restaurant a year ago (and I’ve lost at least 30 pounds since them, maybe more).
Nice enough photo, but he’s not a professional photographer, or any kind of photographer at all.
Besides, lately I’ve been all about risk-taking (even though the risks might seem tame to some people). 🙂
Getting my new headshot was super-fun. I spent a fair amount of time beforehand figuring out what to wear. It was crucial to wear a color that I look great in (ivory is my best color).
I’m SO happy with the outcome of our session; in fact, I plan to get a couple more of the images from Tamzin at some point. For now, I’ve uploaded it to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, and of course used it on this website. I’m using it as my profile picture for a conference I’m speaking at and I need to remember to upload it to Gravatar.
Do you think it might be time for YOU to get a new headshot, too?
Time for a change
You know you’re ready when:
- You’ve gained or lost more than 10 pounds
- You’ve changed your haircut or hair color
- You’ve started or stopped wearing glasses, which is totally different from your current photo
- You simply don’t like your current headshot
- You’re ready to start dating, and your current headshot is all business
- Your current headshot has a partner/pet/sibling cropped out of it.
- Your current portrait says “par-tay!” and you intend to use it for work purposes, i.e., you have a drink in your hand, sunglasses on your head, or a sunburn on your face.
Once you think about how incredibly important your online presence is, and how your headshot is central to the development of our online presence, the hassle and cost of getting a new headshot seems pretty minimal.
If you’re in doubt about your current headshot, please email it to me at Ketura at joyfulcloset.com. I’ll give you my two cents about it. Or get some feedback from Photofeeler; just be prepared for brutal honesty.
Know you want a new headshot and interested in working with Tamzin? She offers my peeps 10% off her usual rate. Contact her directly for details!
(Ketura Persellin is an image consultant, public speaker, and writer in Washington, DC; Bethesda, MD; Chevy Chase, MD; and Potomac, MD. She helps women build confidence and change their lives. Please contact her for a complimentary strategy session.)